Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Simple Sugar Cookies

December 20, 2010

So the holidays may bring out the little kid in you.  I know that it does that to me.  And with two little ones of my own we always try to do something creative and edible around this time.  Its usually a gingerbread house but that falls apart every year.  This year we decided to do sugar cookies.  I found a recipe on the FoodNetwork.com courtesy of Alton Brown.  I don't remember my when I was younger and always making my mom's kitchen a mess if my cookies ever tasted good.  Its true what they say that the simplest recipes are the best ones.  Follow this link for the recipe we used.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/sugar-cookies-recipe/index.html

We didn't tweak or change the recipe.  I followed as is and had the kids very hands on this recipe.  Oh, and they love licking the bowl and whipping blades.  I say yuck but thats just me.  And I didn't do it as a little kid either.  They seemed to enjoy it very much ever since their dad showed them after licking a brownie mix bowl.

This a picture of Caleb decorating the cookies.


Here is a picture of our finished products.

Making these cookies gives me an idea for next year, oh and this one too.  A few tips I will leave you with to make cookie making easier:  make sure to wrap the cookie dough with wax paper before you refrigerate, it really does make it easy to take out to roll;  when Alton Brown says to sprinkle the rolling pin with powdered sugar, do that it really does help roll out the dough.  

Anyone that wants me to try a recipe or you have one to share, just contact me at heartonmyshoulder@gmail.com.  Happy Holidays and Happy Sugar Coma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment