Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mrs. Dash Substitute

So since Rob has to lower his intake of salt, and I'm trying a new diet according to my blood type, I thought I'd go to Shop and Save and buy some ingredients including Mrs. Dash.  It wasn't that expensive, about $4.  When I looked at the ingredients though in the bottle, I realized I practically have almost every ingredient minus the lemon zest and carrot peel.  So I decided to just go home and make my own out of the spices I already have in my cupboard.

Mama Be's Salt Free Seasoning

About 1 tablespoon of each of these spices:

Cayenne Pepper
Basil
Parsley
Sage
Black Pepper
Rosemary Leaves
Ground Mustard
Oregano
Paprika
Nutmeg
Lemonade Mix

Mix through processor to grind rosemary leaves or just shake bottle if you want to keep them intact.  Save the empty spice jars when you run out.  Its easier to store your spice creations in.

No comments:

Post a Comment