Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Classic done in a Large Grill Pan.

So I was looking through my "One Dish" recipe book and came across pot roast.  I love me some Pot Roast!!  Simple, hearty ingredients for a dish you can create especially if your on a budget like we are.

1/2 stick of Butter
1/2 cup of Flour
1 tbsp of Olive Oil
4 cups of Beef Broth
Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Garlic Powder
1 medium Onion (chopped)
6 medium Potatoes (washed, peeled, and chunked)
1 package of Baby Carrots
3 slabs of Steak (cut into small strips)

Melt down 1/2 stick of Butter and then add your Flour.  While the Flour is cooking through, drizzle the Olive Oil over the mixture.  Add about 1 cup of Beef Broth, and let thicken.  Add your Salt and Pepper to your Beef mixture.  Add about 2 groups of your Potatoes.  The starch in the potatoes will also help to thicken up the mixture.  Since we are cooking this dish in a Large Grill Pan, I added the ingredients grouped a little at a time to let the thickening process happen.  Add your Garlic Powder and your chopped Onion.  Mix in more Beef Broth and another 2 groups of chunked Potatoes.  Add 1/2 your Baby Carrots.  Keep mixing all your ingredients as your cooking on medium heat.  Mix in the last of your Beef Broth.  Sprinkle in more Flour if needed.  Add the last group of Potatoes.  Mix in the strips of Steak.  Mix all ingredients,  lower heat, and cover pan for about 5-10 minutes.  Serve over steamed Thai Jasmine Rice and you got yourself a hearty meal that even the kids will love.

อาหารแสนอร่อย

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bette Di!

    I followed you here from Twitter. I'm the FatWallet blogger and social media girl and appreciate your RT's. Here's why I"m here. You obviously know your way around the kitchen and I'd love to invite you to write for our blog.

    Do you have any budget friendly yummy recipes you'd like to share with our readers? Or possibly a weekly menu with ways to stretch the grocery budget?

    You're welcome to contact me at fatwallet. My email there is heather.stephens (at) fatwallet.com if you're interested.

    Thanks again for the RT's and hoping I get to work with you on a post for our blog!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete