Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ramen Noodle Salad w/Peanut Butter Vinaigrette

Hope everyone had a happy 4th this past weekend!!!  So I reinvented something I saw served at my parents dance club gatherings.  Someone had brought a ramen noodle salad which was delicious!  Basically used ramen noodle crunchies, bok choy and some kind of soy sauce vinaigrette concoction.  We had family and friends over for the 4th for my Sister's and my Brother's "Berfday" BBQ.  I wanted to serve some kind of salad and all I had was Romaine lettuce and other ingredients in my pantry and fridge.  Here's what I came up with.

To serve a get together for about 20 people you'll need:

6 packages of Ramen noodles uncooked and crunched up
3 bunches of Romaine lettuce washed and chopped
10 bunches of Green Onions sliced
3/4 jar of Peanut Butter
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
Sugar
2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I didn't really measure the Vinaigrette ingredients.  I did it by taste.  Mix together 2 parts Extra Virgin Olive Oil to 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar.  Whisk in Peanut Butter.  Add Sugar according to preference (sweet vs tangy).  Mix together Romaine, Ramen, and Green Onions.  Pour Vinaigrette mixture on top of salad.  Toss and Serve.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment